Learning Commons Use Request Policy
The following policy is in reference to the common spaces in the IPFW Learning Commons, namely the Learning Commons in totality, the Media Wall and space, M2 lab area, bridge, rotunda, and open study tables on the library second floor. Honors, Writing Center, and the conference room LB275 are exempt from this policy.
- Request for use of space must be submitted via the Learning Commons Use Request From available on the Learning Commons website. All requests must be received at least one week prior to the event.
- All requests for use of space must be able to demonstrate an educational or academic purpose.
- Groups/individuals requesting the space will be responsible for set-up and tear-down. If additional tables or chairs are needed, the requestor is responsible for making arrangements. Technology needs should be arranged prior to the event and are the responsibility of the organization requesting the space.
- Limited equipment may be available for use during the event. Available equipment options will be listed on the reservation form and may include items such as a limited number of extra chairs, projector, podium, and microphone. Equipment availability will be subject to change and will be reflected on the form.
- The Learning Commons Executive Council, or their designee, will evaluate and approve or deny the request.